Microwave Khatta Gobhi Corn
Gobhi is one my favourite veggies its been since I was a child, thankfully the child eats it too. We play a game together where cauliflowers florets are tree and he eats the branches and the trunk one by one. This one is a easy and quick dish for days when one is running busy in the end of the day and also one which atleast my child eats
You can easily replace corn with potato or peas in this, add some capsicum for the punch if u like…
Recipe – Microwave Khatta Gobhi Corn
What I used
- 1 medium sized cauliflower broken into florets
- 1/2 cup corn (thawed if frozen)
- 4 large tomatoes pureed
- 1 tsp jeera seeds
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp amchoor powder
- 1/2 tsp bharwan tava fry masala
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp oil
- coriander leaves for garnishing
How I made it
- Heat oil in a microwave for one minute at HIGH and add jeera seeds to it and microwave at MED for about 2 minutes
- Add the tomato puree to it and microwave at HIGH for 6 minutes stirring once in between till its nicely done and a little thick
- Now add all the dry masalas to it microwave again for 1 minute
- Add the gobhi and corn and microwave on HIGH till done, stirring every 4 minutes, mine took about 12 minutes but the total time will depend on the size of the bowl and also the microwave wattage
- Garnish with coriander leaves and enjoy with hot chappatis
also check out what my other fellow marathoners are cooking
This also goes to Tickling Plates – Lets Cook Sabzi for rotis
This looks so yummy
wow! under 15 min is a good one!!! looks very colorful too!
Nice combo .. sounds easy too.
Event: Fast food not Fat food
Looks so delicious..
What a wonderful idea in making your lil one eat!..:)..sabzi looks very inviting..
I like the tree-branches game. It’s always good to have some game like this up the sleeve to make kids interested in their food.
Looks yummy and colorful!
loved your blog..fabulous recipes and great pictures..