Blog Hop Wednesday | Pearl Onion Pulao
So for this wednesday I was assigned the awesome blog Simple Indian Food and the blog just represents what its name is. Tons of simple indian treasure recipes there. After browsing through it nicely I decided to make the Pearl Onion Pulao and it was just perfect.
Recipe – Pearl Onion Pulao
What I used
- 1 cup uncooked rice ( I used basmati)
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 cloves
- 1 Bayleaf
- 1 inch Piece of cinnamon
- 1 cup pearl onions peeled
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp jeera seeds
- 5-6 whole black pepper
- Salt to taste
How I made it
- Soak the rice for 1/2 hour. Heat oil, jeera,cloves, cinnamon, pepper and bayleaf.
- After a minute add pearl onions and fry till it gets pinkish.
- Add salt and 2 cups of water. Let it boil
- Add rice and Pressure cook for 1 whistle
- Seperate the grains using a fork, serve with raita of your choice. We had it with rajma and chicken curry… yummm
For seeing rest of the blog hoppers go here