Pull Apart Fruit Buns
Also known as Chelsea Buns….how lovely they look
and how yummy they taste truly… its like once you start bitting into it you just can’t stop 🙂 I had first heard of them in my baking class and since than I have made them twice and everytime I make them they get over in a day maximum…
What I used
For the ferment
- Flour – 75 gms
- Yeast – 10 gms (I used fresh yeast, if u are using dry half this quantity)
- Sugar – 50 gms
For the main dough
- Flour – 175 gms
- Water – 30 ml
- Salt – 5 gms or 1 tsp
- Butter – 25 gms
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Milk – 125 ml
For the filling
- Butter – 25 gms
- Dry fruits – raisins, cherries, tutti fruity etc – 125 gms
- Sugar – 25 gms
- Nuts – cashew and almonds – 50 gms
- Cinnamon Powder – 1 tsp
How I made it
- Prepare ferment by mixing 75 gms flour with Sugar, yeast, Milk and water. Mix to remove all lumps and cover for resting for 45 minutes
- Mix the dough flour and salt together
- Chop all the dry fruits and nuts coarsely and mix all the filling material apart from butter and keep separately
- After the resting period is over, mix the ferment with the flour and knead well… If u have a mixer than u will need to knead for about 5-7 minutes using the paddle attachment and if you are doing it by hand you will knead for about 20 minutes or so… the dough has to be well kneaded for the gluten to be formed
- After you have finished kneading add the butter and knead for another one minute or so till the butter is just mixed
- Place it for resting for half hour under cover
- Roll it open to a nice big rectangular shape
- Apply butter and spread the dry fruits and sprinkle sugar over it.
- Roll it again from one end as a Swiss roll with the filling and cut it with thread in at 1” thickness
- Leave it for Proofing for 30-45 min till it bounces back when u touch
- Bake in a preheated oven at 230 degrees for about 15-20 mins till about brown in color
- Remove and brush with sugar syrup and bake again for one minute
So I managed to post it at 11:45 sigh… And I am sending it to Champa’s Bake off and yeast spotting
(will link u guys tmrw morning very sleepy now)
And pls to check out my buddies in the marathon
30 Minutes Meals: Gayathri Anand
Baked Goods: Monika,
For On Going Events: Gayathri Kumar
Kids Friendly: PJ, Savitha, Smitha, Srivalli, Veena Aravind
Rice Varieties: Champa, Divya, Padma, Usha
This is so tempting ..surely try it out!
Beautiful looking pull a part buns.extraordinary….effort.
Woww they looks damn pretty and irresistible..
Very nice rolls.
they have come out very good……perfect snack for a sweet tooth!
Smitha’s Spicy Flavors
wow…want to learn such dish..thanks for sharing…
absolutely yummy! 😀
Very inviting rolls..
Mons!!..these are so yummy..wish I could get to taste these..I am going to make these ok!
Yummy and looking delicious 🙂
Monika…. this is lovely… yummy.. I mean they look so so tempting! And the effort which would have gone into them, worth every bit for such beautiful results!
Wow! those are one colorful and yummy buns.
Hey Mons… this one didnt use eggs? All the recipes on the net use one egg… so just thought will confirm before I attempt it. thanks!