Cheese Croissants – Post 11
I was going to do this recipe a little later but than lot of people have asked for it since I put the pic on FB… specially Deeps…So deeps this one is for u 🙂
Actually these are just cheese dinner rolls shaped as croissants but they taste pretty yumm and go very well with any continental kind side dish for dinner, with eggs for breakfast and even with tea if u make their mini versions
- Maida 250gms
- Salt 4gms (1 little less than 1 tsp however u can go upto 1 tsp)
- Sugar 10gms
- Yeast 12gm
- Water 150ml
- Fat 14gm (we can use butter/margarine or oil)
- Milk 10ml
- Pepper Powder 1 tsp
- Cheese 75gm
- Mustard Powder ¼ tsp
- Mix yeast, water and sugar together and let it activate for about 5 mins.
- Sieve flour and make a well in the center. Add the yeast solution, milk and make soft and smooth dough by kneading. We have to knead it really well atleast for 25 mins or so till it passes the gluten membrane test. Basically when u take a piece in your hand and stretch it should not break
- Mix the fat now and smoothen it.
- Add the grated cheese, pepper powder, mustard powder and knead again for like 4-5 mins. (U can also add any herbs at this point, I think I added oregano to mine)
- Rest the dough covered for about 20-40 mins (depends on the weather hot weather it will work sooner) till it becomes double
- Knockback the dough and rest again for 5 mins
- Roll the dough in a smooth circle. Cut into 8 triangle pieces using pizza cutter.
- Take one part, make the slit at the bottom of about ½ – 1 inch and roll upwards to give it a Croissant like shape till u reach the tip. Put a drop of water to seal.
- Place in the greased baking tray
- Leave it for proofing for about 10-15 mins till it doubles in size and when u touch it kind of bounces back. At this stage u can also brush them with a little mixture of egg and for the shine and color
- Bake at about 200C for 10-15 mins
- The above recipe will yield 8 of them.