Watermelon & Prawn Salad
So the title of this post originally was “Summer musings and recipe for Watermelon & Prawn Salad”, I looked at the draft in my dashboard and chuckled since the summer is long gone and the monsoon is almost ending too, the post has sat in my drafts for so long. If I look closely I might have drafts even older than those sitting on my dashboard. So starting today, I am gonna clear them. Most of them are brilliant recipes just waiting to be penned down. So here lets start with Watermelon and Prawn salad.
Recipe : Watermelon & Prawn Salad
- handful raw, peanuts (without skin)
- 12-16 large prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 tsp of fish sauce
- 1 medium watermelon, skin and seeds removed and cut into chunks
- 1 large red chilli, seeds removed and and finely sliced
- 10 min leaves
- 1 bunch of lettuce leaves
For the dressing
- 1 inch ginger peeled
- 2 small garlic
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Juice of one lemon
- Juice of half orange orange
- 1 tsp of sesame oil
- Cook the prawns in a pan with the fish sauce, salt and red chilli. Set aside to cool.
- While the prawns are cooling, make the dressing. Start with pounding the ginger and garlic together. Squeeze the juice out of ginger and garlic and add to rest of the ingredients i.e. lemon juice, orange juice, sesame oil and salt. Shake well to emulsify and keep aside
- Once the prawns are cooled, mix all the ingredients together. Pour the dressing and mix gently. Set aside for 10 minutes for the flavours to mix and enjoy this for lunch or dinner
Where’d you buy the paddle from?
A small shop in one of the bye-lanes of Karol Bagh in Delhi 🙂