Its World Baking Day on 18th May
, so get baking folks. Bake for your loved ones, a cookie, a cake, a brownie. Anything you fancy. Who wants to do a bake along? I will post a recipe tomorrow morning and we all bake and post pictures?
I asked this on my FB page yesterday and the response I got was very encouraging. So here I am with a list of 10 recipes that I found interesting and exciting to bake, you can choose from these or you can pick something you have bookmarked long ago but the idea is to bake and post pictures.
If you have a blog I will do a post on 18th morning and add a linky to it, you can link my post and add your post to the linky. If you don’t have a blog no problems still. You can post a picture on FB event, here is the event link
. Or tag us on twitter at @monikamanchanda or on instagram as @monikamanchanda
So get set baking
1. Apple Pie Bread – This is a recipe I have tried myself and its delightful. Its like the easiest Apple Pie ever
2. Chocolate Pound Cake – This is the recipe for you, if you are a beginner. Even a person who has never baked before will not go wrong with this recipe and its a yummy, I bet it will get wiped off in a minute
3. Coconut Nutella Cupcakes – There is something about Chocolate and Coconut together that I love and if its Nutella even better. If you have always fancied a frosted cupcake, this is your recipe
4. Orange and brown butter Madeleine – I know this one needs a special pan but if you have it, try this recipe to understand the charm of Madeleine.
5. Coconut Lime Berry Cake – I seem to be partial to coconut don’t I? But it’s funny how I hate coconut in curries but love it baking. This one again is a tried and tested delightful recipe
6. Lemon Pull Apart Bread – So if yeast is your thing, this is your bake. This has been in my bookmarks for ever and I thought it might be a good idea to use it now 🙂
7. Orange Mango Nut Bread with Honey Butter – It’s the mango season and how can one not have atleast one bake with mangoes 🙂
8. Goat Cheese and Chive Biscuits – If you like savory scones, don’t give this one a miss
9. Chocolate Flourless Cake – Slightly more complex but intensely chocolate this recipe will surprise with its results. Completely gluten free this one
10. Brown Butter and Almond Blondies – Blondies are my second favorite thing to eat after brownies. I love their texture and the fact that anything non chocolate can surprise you so pleasantly
11. Quiché Lorraine – There is Quiche, there is bacon what else does one need. This is one for all those who want to make a pasrty and veggies you can skip the bacon, the recipe works without it too
So get set started and if you have any questions, comment or mail at email@example.com
Edited to add some Eggless Recipes and healthy baking recipes
1. Eggless Zucchini Brownies – I have tried them once or twice and they are amazing
2. Eggless Lemon Cake – There is nothing like a lemon cake if you like tangy bakes. Here is an eggless version
3. Eggless Tutti Fruity Cookies – Who said these can only be baked for Xmas
4. Eggless Apple Cake – There is nothing the elevates eggless bakes as fruits
5. Pear Walnut Muffins – I love this combo, I really do. Try it out
1. Chocolate Oats and Apple Cake – This one is a regular at home when the child is sick, its almost his comfort food
2. Olive Oil, Almond and Lemony Cake – There are almonds, olive oil and whole wheat. What else do you need 🙂
3. Ragi Ginger Cookies – One from Nandita, I have tried this one and its yum
4. Beet, Date and Fig Cake Bars – I think when it comes to healthy baking, no one does it as well as Chinmaye.
5. Coconut Sugar cake with Caramel Sauce
I am in!
super looking forward 🙂
I made chocolate brownies using amaranth & sorghum flours 🙂 Here’s the blog link
I am in :):)
Great idea. It’s a busy week for me, but I’m going to try my best to take out some time to bake along with you 🙂
hoping to see a lovely bake from you A 🙂
I’ve had a recipe I’ve wanted to try for a while… Chocolate Irish Cream cupcakes. So I’m going to cheat a bit and bake those, instead of trying one of the links you posted. Hope that’s alright 🙂
Yup yup totally fine 🙂
Am gonna try something thats a bit healthier.. coz hubby wont eat otherwise (fitness freak) http://cookingwithalia.com/desserts/chocolate-chickpea-cake.html
LOL, I also added some healthy bakes 🙂
That lemon bread, or maybe the cheese biscuits. Baby wants savouries.
give baby what it wants 🙂
Baking Lemon Pull Apart bread as a test run today, So have you decided what are you baking?
Mon I want to bake the lemon pull apart. Is there anything I can substitute the eggs with??
I would think milk would add. Eggs are adding structure to the bread so there is no 100% replacement but I feel milk should work
Yum! I need to bookmark this page and try at least some of these recipes!!