Naan and HLI – Spinach an event announcement
I absolutely love naans specially butter naans (yeah yeah who doesn’t like butter come on?) But somehow since I have come to Bangalore I have always been left wanting for more when it comes to naan. So somedays back when I saw this butter naan I decided to give it a try
I made it twice, once I rolled it a thicker a little like kulcha I would say and once like above thin and strechted like a perfect both the times the result was only yummnesss, I liked the naan version better and the hubby liked the kulcha kind of version better
Recipe – Naan (source Zesty Palette)
What I used
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- (3/4 tbsp) instant dry yeast (I use gloripan)
- Pinch of sugar
- Salt to taste
- Water (About 1 cup warm water)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Butter for greasing as much as you want, go ahead don’t be shy
How I made it
- Activate the yeast with sugar and warm water for 5 minutes.
- Mix this with flour and salt and knead well for about 5-7 minutes till you get a smooth and stretchy dough
- Leave it for proofing for about 3 hours or so
- Pinch the dough and make small same sized balls. Roll it out in a oven or desired shape. Grease with butter
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200C for 2-3 minutes, turn and bake for another 2 mins…
- Serve hot with more butter if you want
And now to the event announcement, If you look around yourself I can bet you won’t be able to find even one mom who is not always breaking her heads for finding new healthy lunchbox ideas, thats why I loved the idea of HLI event started by Mom Chef Kalyani.
This month from today to December 10th, I’ll be hosting this event and the theme I have chosen in Spinach, can it get healthier? So cook up you favourite spinach dish and send it to me quick
Some ground rules please
- Cook anything which spinach that can be sent in lunch boxes and send my way
- Hyper link to this post and Kalyani’s post
- upto 2 archived entries are welcome, provided you re-post them with reference to this event.
- Only vegetarian recipes eggs ofcourse are allowed
- Non bloggers are also welcome to send in their entries to the following email ID
- Send a mail with below mentioned information to this email ID : tales dot sinamon(at)gmail(dot)com
- Your name
- Your blog name and URL
- Name of the recipe
- Link to your post
- Picture of the recipe (pls limit this to max 300 px)
- Use of logo will be appreciated
Loved this one. Awesome looking food and a great recipe! Thanks.
Thanks for hosting Monika ! enjoy the event 🙂 I shall be sending some entries by you soon !
Love the nan and the polka dot plate.
I love your cool dough-maker! Naan has come out well.
Will try to think of something. 🙂
Kavi | Edible Entertainment
Please do participate in my ongoing events:
Jingle All The Way &
Microwave Easy Cooking
I just feel like tearing some naan out of my screen.. it looks so delicious. I will try to come up with a spinach recipe soon. Does spinach have to be the main ingredient though?
Pingback: Menu of the week 14th Sep and Recipe for Ragi Vermicelli | Sin-A-Mon Tales