Mix Veg Bread Roll
I love bread rolls the sinful deep fried ones but I don’t make them at home because of my aversion to deep frying stuff and so when I saw this way of making rolls at one of the blogs (I have even forgotten which one) I was delighted. I do bake bread rolls too but there it becomes a slightly different taste with a bit of cheese and tomato sauce, the taste that comes in lovely but quite different (must post that soon too) but these ones were pretty close of the original sinful one
What I used
- 8 slices of brown bread
- 1 potato boiled and mashed
- 1 small carrot grated
- 1/2 cup of paneer mashed
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp ajwain seeds
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp amchoor powder
- salt to taste
- little oil for pan frying
How I made it
- Mix all the ingredients apart from oil and bread together.
- Take a slice of bread, cut the crust and using a rolling pin try and roll it thinly.
- Place some stuffing in the middle and gently roll it to make a cylinder kind of shape
- In a non stick pan or griddle heat 1 tsp of oil and roast the roll on both sides till slightly brown. Repeat for all of them and serve hot
And I am sending it to WWC : Whole Wheat for breakfast
Check out what my fellow foodie marathon buddies are upto? Priya Suresh,Jay, Valli, PJ, Priya Vaasu, Azeema, Reva,Ayeesha,Veena&Soumya.