Pear and Choco Chip Muffins
Like I have said before I love fruits in baked goodies and that day when I had a couple of extra pears at home I decided to bake some muffins from it but when it comes to muffins I can hardly resist the flavour of chocolate in them. So I thought I will try and adding some choco chips to it too and the result was really nice and yummy muffins filled with the goodness of both pear and chocolate
What I used
- Whole wheat flour – 1 cup
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Sugar – 2/3 cup (I like it a little less sweet increase if u like it more sweet)
- Dark Choco Chips – 1/2 cup
- Pear – 1 large cored and chopped (I didnt peel it, u go ahead and do it if the peel bothers u)
- Baking Powder – 1.5 tsp
- Salt a pinch
- Cinnamon powder – 1 tsp
- Dry Ginger powder – 1/2 tsp
- Buttermilk – 1 cup
- Egg – 2 large
- Oil – 2 tbsp
How I made it
- Combine both the flours, baking powder, salt, sugar, cinnamon powder and ginger powder together. Add the chopped pears and choco chips to it and mix a little
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs, buttermilk and oil together.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients until just combined
- Pour the mixture in muffin trays and bake in a preheated oven at 180C for about 15 mins till the skewer comes out clean
- Serve warm
And u know the best part of these muffins my darling little son helped me bake them
Check out what my fellow foodie marathon buddies are upto? Priya Suresh,Jay, Valli, PJ, Priya Vaasu, Azeema, Reva,Ayeesha,Veena&Soumya.
I luvvv this Mons 🙂
Very inviting muffins..
Adding pear to muffins is a great idea… Love fruits…
You know right..I love muffins now..now that I can make eggless ones..looks good
muffins look great!